Make a Donation
Join the Movement
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers Are Love in Motion!
Volunteer involvement is a vital component of Support Kindness. We are grateful for any time you can provide, and we do not require a minimum number of hours to volunteer. We are looking for people who are genuinely passionate about uplifting others through the power of kindness and compassion.
We offer virtual volunteer opportunities. This means that you can work from home in any part of the world and fit volunteering into your schedule.
About Our Organization
Headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, Support Kindness is a 501(c)(3) educational and humanitarian nonprofit organization established in June 2021. Our mission is to spread kindness around the world through storytelling, and to train people to cultivate kindness and compassion through meditation.
In addition to our educational initiatives, Support Kindness raises public awareness about global humanitarian crisis, and aims to provide humanitarian aid worldwide in the form of direct financial assistance to individuals, families, refugees, handicapped people, underprivileged children, victims of domestic violence, homeless individuals, and communities in need or facing a crisis. Our aim is to help alleviate suffering and maintain human dignity. We believe that if kindness is universally accepted and applied, everyone would benefit.
We are looking for people who are genuinely passionate about uplifting others through the power of kindness, compassion, and humanitarian assistance.
Please click on the link below and we’ll get back with you shortly.
Promote the Mission
We are looking for passionate and dedicated Volunteer Ambassadors to join our team and help promote our mission of spreading kindness around the world through storytelling, meditation, and humanitarian initiatives.
Job duties include the following:
- Connecting members of the local community and friends with the programs offered by Support Kindness through social media.
- Leading online community outreach team, working as the face to the public, and developing positive relationships with the community at large.
- Galvanizing public support for Support Kindness programs and humanitarian initiatives.
- Possessing strong organizational skills and a passion for helping others.
- Experience in public relations, outreach or community building is beneficial.
We are looking for an experienced Content Writer Volunteer to join our team. Content Writer will be responsible for creating digital content for programs and humanitarian initiatives offered by Support Kindness, as well as engaging pieces for digital marketing.
- Produce well-researched content for publication online
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines
- Utilize industry best practices and familiarity with the organization’s mission to inspire ideas and content
- Communicate and cooperate with a writing team, including a content manager, editors, and web publishers
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, social media marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- An impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
- Ability to work independently with no daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with humanitarian organizations
(This position will start as a volunteer position and evolve into a paid position)
We are looking for a dedicated volunteer grant writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The grant writer will write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, creative writing, or a related area (master’s degree preferred)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in grant writing
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
(This position will start as a volunteer position and evolve into a salaried position.)
We are looking for a skilled volunteer with an outgoing personality to recruit and develop partnerships with corporations, foundations, and high-net-worth individuals for lasting, mutually-beneficial relationships.
Requirements are as follows:
- Five to ten years of experience in strategic level philanthropy and fundraising.
- Experience working and interacting directly with philanthropists, corporate leaders, civic leaders, and high-net-worth donors.
- Comfort soliciting high-net-worth individuals for major gifts.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, including facilitation and contact management.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Comfort with MS Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with relationship management software/CRM.
- Ability to work independently.
- Implement high‐level cultivation, stewardship, and recognition strategies intended to strengthen relationships with current partners.